This policy is for personal data that we may collect on our website and for the company in general and is covered under the 'General Data Protection Regulation' 2018 which includes the previous 'Data Protection Act'.
When you supply personal data to RiverLeigh HR Consulting they are stored and processed for the following reasons:
- We may collect the following information: Name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers. Filling in a registration form to take part of our services constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information but may not be able to use our service because you will not be covered by our insurance.
- We have a ‘Legitimate Interest’ in collecting that information because without it we couldn’t do our job safely and effectively.
- If you booked in advance it is important that we are able to contact you in order to confirm your booking with us by phone, or email, or to update you on if any unforeseen issues for your booking were to arise. This again constitutes ‘Legitimate Interest’ but this time it is your legitimate interest.
Storing your Personal Data
Transferring any data or information on the internet is never completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent either to or from our site and therefore any transfer is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information
Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
- To offer you our newsletter and other information, offers, products, services and events relating to our business that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you. You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing communication at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at bottom of the email.
- To carry out our commitment from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To send general (non-promotional) communication to you.
- To inform you about any changes to our service.
- Provide third parties information about statistics relating to our users, so as not to identify any individual user.
- To keep our site secure or prevent fraud.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as; employees, contractors, freelancers, advisors or other people associated with the running of RiverLeigh HR Consulting:
- If required to do so by law.
- To a purchaser (or prospective purchaser), in the event that we sell any business or assets. (The data held will be considered one of the transferred assets).
- To recover any monies owed.
- In order to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights, intellectual rights property or safety of our business. This includes exchanging information with others for the purposes of fraud prevention, copyright or intellectual infringement and reducing credit risk.
Our Legal Obligations
We have a legal obligation to retain your details for a minimum of 8 years.
Notes are archived after 5 years but are securely stored in locked filing cabinets. If not requested to contact details are destroyed after 8 years by shredding them on site. We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Before we collect your data we will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the data capture forms we use or by directly contacting us.
Access to your information
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold under The General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Subject to access requests we must be responded to within a month and no charge can be made. Disclosure of such information is subject to receiving a signed request along with proof of evidence of your identity. We will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
If your personal information, which we hold, needs updating or correcting, please let us know.
- Our site may contain links to third party or affiliate website who will have their own Privacy Policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Any changes will appear on this page and if necessary or appropriate you will be notified by email.
If you are not satisfied with the response then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office